Last week the International RiverFoundation announced the finalists of the 2011 Australian Riverprize for outstanding achievements in sustainable river management as:
- Project Catalyst, Qld (Coca-Cola Foundation, WWF and Reef Catchments NRM)
- Sunshine Coast Rivers Initiative, Qld (Sunshine Coast Council)
The finalists of the 2011 Thiess International Riverprize, are:
- Charles River, Massachusetts. USA
- Mattole River, California. USA
- Yarra River, Victoria. Australia
The winner of the 2011 Australian Riverprize and the Theiss International Riverprize will be announced at the Riverprize Gala Dinner on Tuesday 27 September, 2011, at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre, during the 14th International Riversymposium (26-29 September, 2011).
Visit the International RiverFoundation website for further details.